Mackie Hill school uses ParentPay as its preferable method of payments to school. It is quick, easy and safe to use. When children start school, you will be given an activation letter to active your account. This means you can pay online for:
- Before & After School Clubs
- Educational Visits
- Residential Visits
- Music Lessons (non-curriculum)
- Nursery Fees (additional to 30hrs)
- Other School Activity Clubs
Sections 449-462 of the Education Act 1996 set out the law on charging for school activities in schools maintained by local authorities in England.
Amongst other things, we do not charge for:
- Education provided during school hours (including the supply of any materials, books, instruments or other equipment)
- Tuition for pupils learning to play musical instruments if the tuition is required as part of the National Curriculum
- Swimming as this is part of the National Curriculum
We do charge for:
- Breakfast & After School clubs which run outside the school day
- School meals for pupils who are not entitled to free school meals.
- Some after school clubs which are run by organisations independent of school or activities which require a contribution such as Baking Club.
Occasionally, we ask parents / carers for a voluntary contribution for specific school activities (usually a class trip or to pay for a visitor to school) or for the benefit of the school generally. We are not allowed to exclude a child from an activity simply because his or her parents / carers are unwilling or unable to pay.
If insufficient voluntary contributions are raised to fund an activity, then it would be cancelled. Occasionally, we pay additional costs in order to support the event.