Our school believes that all pupils, regardless of their cultural, physical or academic differences should be given the opportunity to develop their full potential and independent learning ability through an enjoyable, balanced and progressive series of activities. With our positive attitude towards healthy and active lifestyles and through a progressive range of activities, we provide opportunities for pupils to grow in confidence; we nurture their creativity and enable them to face up to different challenges as individuals, in groups and in teams. Growing in competence, pupils learn how to plan, perform and evaluate actions, ideas and performances to improve their quality and effectiveness. Eventually, through these processes we hope that pupils will discover their aptitudes, abilities and preferences, and to make choices about how to get involved in lifelong physical activity and a healthy lifestyle.
In PE, we aim to ensure that all pupils:
- develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- are physically active for sustained periods of time
- engage in competitive sports and activities
- lead healthy, active lives
- foster an enjoyment and positive attitude to P.E
- develop a sense of fair play and sportsmanship
- help pupils experience and understand the significance of activities from their own and other cultures.
Swimming overview 2019/2020