The Curriculum at Mackie Hill
Putting our children at the heart of our curriculum
At Mackie Hill Junior and Infants School, we encourage our children to have high aspirations and strive for the best. We want our children to be responsible, self-confident and connected to the world in which they live by the time they finish their journey at Mackie Hill and progress onto the next exciting stage in their lives.
Our main aim is to provide a curriculum that is uniquely relevant to our children and provide them with a vast range of experiences that will excite, stimulate and enable them to become confident and successful learners. We carefully plan and deliver each topic with children at the heart of the planning stage. Children can explore and contribute their own ideas and are encouraged to direct their own learning. We want our children to be inquisitive and passionate about learning and be adventurous in the acquisition of new skills and knowledge.
Our curriculum commitment to our children
- To provide opportunities to understand the world in which we live and to develop an understanding of contributing to our communities and appreciate human achievements and aspirations.
- To enable a rich environment where you can achieve in English and Mathematics.
- To provide many events where you can explore your artist and creative skills, whilst developing an appreciation of historical and geographical context.
- To develop respect for religious values and tolerances of other religions, races and ways in which others live.
- To instill healthy approaches to lifestyles and minds whilst understanding the difference between right and wrong.
- To embed skills and knowledge that will last a lifetime.