Mental Health and Wellbeing
Putting our children at the heart of our curriculum
Mackie Hill Primary School is proud to have been awarded ‘Health and Well-being Charter Award’ for our commitment and whole school approach to wellbeing in school.
At our school we:
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- promote self esteem and ensure children know that they count
- encourage children to be confident and ‘dare to be different’
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
Feelings of well-being are fundamental to the overall health of an individual, enabling them to successfully overcome difficulties. A child’s well-being will be affected by the well-being of their parents so it is essential that parents take time for themselves in this respect.
Below are lots of different activities and links which I hope will help you to help your child/children and you to manage well-being during this difficult time.