The pupil premium is additional funding received by schools for each pupil who may be at greater risk of under-achievement. A significant part of the funding is based on the number of children who are currently known to be eligible for free school meals (FSM). It's important to know that a pupil does not need to have a school dinner, but parents / carers must apply for free school meals in order to access the funding.
Please contact the school office to find out more about whether your child might be eligible - even if you choose not to have a school dinner, the pupil premium will benefit your child and the school.
Pupils eligible for Pupil Premium include:
- Children who have been eligible for free school meals at any point in the last six years
- Children who are in the care of the local authority (known as Looked after Children)
- Children adopted from care on or after 30th December 2005
- Children of armed forces personnel
- We recognise that all pupils regardless of their background should have equal access to a curriculum which will enable them to reach their potential.
- We ensure that children belonging to vulnerable groups, including those from socially disadvantaged backgrounds, are adequately assessed and provision is made to meet their needs.
- In making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we recognise that not all pupils who receive free meals will be socially disadvantaged
- We also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged will be in receipt of free school meals. We therefore reserve the right to allocate the Pupil Premium funding to support any groups of pupils that the school deems to be socially disadvantaged.
Pupil Premium Spending Plan
Pupil Premium Evaluation
How do we plan to use pupil Premium?
We plan to use this funding flexibly to support the achievement of our most vulnerable pupils ensuring they have the opportunity to make the expected levels of progress as well as access to enrichment activities.
We plan to focus on raising levels of progress in English and Maths through:
- Small group tuition
- Additional Teaching assistant hrs to deliver targeted interventions
- Extended Learning
- Enrichment activities